The Alpha Strategies Fund is designed to unlock the great power of the best performing Alternative Investment Strategies. It empowers you to add those strategies in the most easy, effective and powerful way. We select strategies based on their capabilities to generate annualized performances of plus 10%.
We are looking for unique strategies with great potential and with low or even negative correlations to each other. Each strategy on its own is highly volatile; due to a dynamic and advanced portfolio composition the risk of the fund is well balanced.
Alpha Strategies is an active managed Fund of Hedge Funds. The strategy is based on the years of experience in alternative investment of the Wealth Manager Blauwtulp located in Rotterdam. The portfolio manager (Delegated manager) is Blauwtulp B.V. that has established a team of four experienced investment experts under guidance of Arent Thijsen.
The goal of Alpha Strategies is to unlock the great power of the best performing Alternative Investment Strategies. This, to empower you to add those strategies in the most easy, effective and powerful way. We select strategies based on their capabilities to generate annualized performances of plus 10%.
We are looking for unique strategies with great potential and with low or even negative correlations to each other. Each strategy on its own is highly volatile, due to a dynamic and advanced portfolio composition the risk of the fund is well balanced.
To have a successful portfolio of alternative investments you have to solve three issues:
- Access: with minimum investments from € 100.000 up to € 1.000.000 for each fund, the barriers are high. Too high for many private investors. Especially when you want to build up a well diversified portfolio of alternative investments;
- Expenses I: huge differences in expenses between retail funds and institutional funds. In the annual performance you can see the huge impact of those differences, often more than 2% a year. This is excluding entrance and exit fees which are applicable to retail funds but most times not for institutional classes;
- Expenses II: active management is expensive for many private hedge fund investors. The expenses of transaction can be significant. Banks count relatively high fixed fees for those funds. The accumulation of the transactions costs for transactions below 25.000 and the mentioned entrance-/-exit fees can reach levels of more than 5%. Active management and diversification, necessary for good results, is highly expensive because of this;
- Knowledge: knowledge, experience and understanding of the strategies are key to achieve outstanding results. Firstly you have to find the best funds – most of them are hidden gems. You need to understand the market, to know the managers to be allowed to invest (invitation only). Secondly you have to understand the strategies and the qualities of the managers. This, to exclude the failures and to include the best performing funds. Also it is necessary to understand the dynamics of the strategies, this is to create a superior risk-/-return profile.
- date: 31-05-2020
- year to date: -1.03%
- annualised*: -1.64%
- last month*: 0.83%
* fund starting date: 1 July 2015
Access & Expenses
The fund does have access to all institutional classes of the hedge funds due to its size. Next to this, our network gives us access to closed funds. The fund is cost effective, the cost reduction by institutional classes in-stead of retail funds is already covering and we expect to exceed the management fees structure of the fund. The size and the fact we can make use of institutional classes makes active management without extreme expense levels possible.
Knowledge & Experience
Experience and education on the highest levels gives you an advantage in a highly competitive world. We are able to make the right combination of strategies. Also our Due Diligence procedure protects you against fraud and mismanagement. For our Due Diligence we work together with the teams of giants like: Deutsche Bank, Lyxor and Credit Suisse.
The annual management fee of the Multi Alpha fund is 1%. The performance related fee is 10%, high watermarked. This means we only charge our performance fee in case the fund achieves a new all time high.
The entrance and exit fees are 0,25% of the amount you invest or the amount of your redemption. The minimum entrance investment is € 5.000. The fund trades once a month.